- 1. A booking is only confirmed once a deposit of £600 (MLD £200, BMD £1,000) and relevant signed terms and conditions have been received. The deposit and all payments received are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- 2. 80% of the outstanding balance is required 6 months prior to your wedding date. The remaining balance, final chargeable numbers (which include the Bride and Groom), menu pre-order and table plan are due 1 month prior to your wedding date, any reduction in numbers after this time will not be refundable or transferable. The payment terms must be met, one chase will be sent to your supplied details but following this the Hotel reserves the right to cancel your booking and forfeit the payments received. Any extra charges incurred must be settled upon departure. We strongly recommend that you take out Wedding Insurance in the unlikely event of any unforeseen circumstances.
- 3. Prices are valid for weddings taking place before 31st December 2023 and are inclusive of current VAT. There is a minimum chargeable requirement of 60 adult day guests on Bluebell/Cornflower/Honeysuckle/Rose for Saturday Weddings in April to September in the Crystal Room, available until 6:00pm. Subject to availability. Children's Charges – Children aged under 12 years are charged either 50% of the wedding package price or may pre-order from the children's menu.
- 4. For the evening reception from 6:00pm, an additional charge of £1,300 will apply as standard. This will be made up by a food and/or room hire charge. For your evening reception menu a minimum of 80% of the total number of guests attending must be catered for. This will be displayed for 90 minutes at ambient temperatures. Due to food safety law, we are unable to allow any leftover food to be taken off the premises unless you have signed a disclaimer.
- 5. It will be your responsibility to keep the Hotel notified of any change to your contact details and/or circumstances.
- 6. All entertainment is to be confirmed 6 months prior to the event date. If arranged by the hotel and cancelled after this time full payment will be required. If arranging your own entertainment you must ensure that any electrical equipment brought on the premises is in good working order and tested annually if it classes as portable appliance equipment (PAT certificate). We reserve the right to suspend the use of any equipment if it appears to be in poor working order. Under no circumstances must any form of pyrotechnics, smoke machine or confetti canon be used without our permission. All bands and DJs are required to hold public liability insurance; a copy must be given to the hotel 1 month prior to your event together with a copy of PAT certificate. A late licence until 1:00am is possible if your party have booked over 25 bedrooms for the night of the Wedding, this must be confirmed at the time of your last appointment.
- 7. Equipment brought on the premises such as screens etc. should be in good working order and constructed so they do not block fire exits and pose a risk to others walking by. Activities organised for your guests by yourself to take place on our premises must be confirmed in advance with a copy of public liability insurance and request a risk assessment and safe system of operation including supervision of the activity taking place as this must be confirmed by our General Manager. We do not allow Fireworks, balloons or Chinese lanterns to be released.
- 8. Bedroom Cancellation Policy - The hotel operates a cancellation policy of 24 hours prior to arrival. Cancellations received after 2pm the day prior to arrival or failure to cancel will incur a charge equivalent to the first night's stay.
- 9. Early Departure Policy - Guest's wishing to check out of the hotel prior to their confirmed departure date must advise Reception no later than 24 hours prior to planned departure to avoid an early departure fee equivalent to a one night charge.
A credit or debit card will guarantee your reservation. In case of non-arrival or late cancellation, the first night will be debited from your card. All cancellations must be received in writing and acknowledged by the hotel.Check-in time for bedrooms is from 2:00pm. We recommend additionally booking a bedroom the night before the Wedding if it is necessary to get ready here prior to this time. Check-out is at 11:00am.
- 10. No food or drink is to be brought onto the premises without approval of the General Manager. If your guests bring their own drinks onto the premises without permission, the drinks will be confiscated on sight and a corkage charge will be payable by the Bride and Groom on departure. If permission has been granted then corkage and food supplement charges will apply. For food safety reasons we will take a small sample of any food that is brought on to our premises that is given to your guests. Companies supplying food to guests on the premises must have public liability insurance and a disclaimer must be signed. Wedding cakes cannot be accepted before the day of the wedding. The delivery of the cake should be made on the wedding day only. If you wish to take away any remaining cake, this must be removed within 24 hours of being cut. The residents bar may re-open at 12:30am after the non-residents have departed, this will be closed again after a last round, when numbers are 15 or less and/or it is deemed appropriate by the Duty Manager.
- 10. Access to the Crystal Room for decorating tables etc will not be available the day before the Wedding. Table decorations can be delivered the day before the Wedding, excluding flowers. We kindly ask that flowers are pre-arranged with the bridal party and floral creator for delivery to be made on the day, as we have no cool storage place for fresh flowers. We also ask the floral creator to be present to decorate the venue on the day. After the reception has ended we ask that the room is cleared and all items are to be taken to the bridal suite or nominated guest bedroom for safekeeping. Any candles used must show the flame to be lower than the height of the receptacle. Staples should not be used on tablecloths. Items such as chair covers, vases and cake stands will not be stored at the Hotel and must be collected within 24 hours of the Wedding. We do not accept wedding presents for safekeeping; this is the responsibility of the bride and groom. Please be aware that gifts should not be left in the wedding venue room after the reception has ended. We advise that they are taken to the bridal suite for safety.
- 11. The Hotel reserves the right to charge you for any breakages or malicious damage to hotel property. The hotel will also charge you for additional cleaning required following a guest accident. Under no circumstances will any alcohol be sold to any under 18's and we may need to ask for proof of identification if appropriate.
- 12. All prices are quoted with the prevailing rate of VAT. The Hotel reserves the right to review rates and pass on any VAT rises as these occur.
These also appear inside the wedding brochure.