Please find outlined below information that we hope will ensure you have an enjoyable stay at the Moorland Garden Hotel, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Located on the edge of Dartmoor, just a 20 minute drive from Plymouth city centre and Tavistock, this country hotel is set in nine acres of moorland garden.
Under new ownership in 2011 and recently refurbished, it boasts 44 bedrooms with garden views, including modern suites, family and dog friendly accommodation. The Wildflower Restaurant and Dartmoor Bar offer deliciously seasonal menus using locally sourced ingredients created by Head Chef, Jake Westlake and his talented team. The hotel was recently awarded 'best cream tea', as voted for by the Cream Tea Club.
The beautiful Crystal Room with its twelve chandeliers and ornate mirrors, and the four state of the art meeting spaces offer events for up to 160 guests.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01822 852245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to your arrival
- We are located just off the A386 main road from Plymouth to Yelverton, PL20 6DA
- For a map and directions please visit our website at http://www.moorlandgardenhotel.co.uk/directions.php
- The nearest train station is Plymouth which is a 25 minute drive away.
- Taxis are available from the station and can drop you off at the door of the hotel. Alternatively we can organise a taxi to meet you. We use a reliable company on a regular basis and they do have vehicles suitable for wheelchairs, if required.
- The nearest airport is Exeter International which is an hour's drive away.
- Buses run regularly into Plymouth, Yelverton, Tavistock and the surrounding area from the end of our road.
- The hotel is situated on the edge of Dartmoor National Park and the Tamar Valley.
- The nearest shop and supermarket is in Yelverton village a 5 minute drive away.
- We welcome all dogs in the Dartmoor Bar and Lounge and have four dog friendly bedrooms by prior arrangement.
- Reservations may be made via telephone 01822 852245, by email email@example.com or on our website www.moorlandgardenhotel.co.uk
- General Enquiries may also be made by calling the hotel direct on 01822 852245.
On arrival at the hotel
- All guests are able to park in the Moorland Garden Hotel private car park. The car park is situated directly next to the hotel entrance.
- We have a designated disabled parking space on the flat next to the entrance of the hotel.
- Entrance to the hotel is accessible by two steps or by wheelchair with the aid of a small ramp.
- We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room if preferred, please ask for assistance.
- Guests are welcomed through the main front door into the reception.
- Floor is carpeted and suitable for wheelchairs.
- Reception is all on one level. The area is well lit.
- Low level facilities are available if required.
- If required, a tour of the property can be given on arrival.
Public areas, Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
- Our public areas and corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- There is ample moveable seating in these areas there are chairs without arms.
- Background music in The Wildflower Restaurant and Dartmoor Bar and Lounge.
- The Wildflower Restaurant, Dartmoor Bar and Lounge are largely all on one level and easily accessible from the front entrance of the hotel.
- There are accessible doors from reception to The Wildflower Restaurant and Dartmoor Bar and Lounge.
- The Restaurant and Bar have plenty of space for wheelchairs and highchairs, but please advise in advance so that we can allocate a suitable table.
- There is a gas fire located in the lounge. Central heating in The Wildflower Restaurant, and Dartmoor Bar and Lounge.
- Our menu offers vegetarian and gluten-free options and our Chef is happy to cater for all dietary requirements with notice if possible.
- In the Dartmoor Bar and Lounge service is offered from the bar but table service can be requested. In The Wildflower Restaurant table service is given.
- Crockery and linen is white in The Wildflower Restaurant. Crockery is white in the Dartmoor Bar with dark wooden tables.
- The nearest WC is located next door to the reception on the ground floor.
- We have five function rooms; the Tavistock, Boardroom and Moorland are located on the first floor accessible by a staircase. The Crystal Room and Mayflower Room are located on the ground floor
- Our Crystal Room is on two levels, the upper Crystal Room leads directly from the public areas front entrance. There are 8 steps that lead now to the lower Crystal Room and onto our Mayflower Room.
- We have ramp access to our lower Crystal Room and from the Mayflower Room and are happy to assist.
- Our Mayflower Room is accessible from the exterior of the building on one level or through the lower Crystal Room
- Central heating in the Crystal Room and Mayflower Room. The Tavistock, Boardroom and Moorland Room are all air conditioned.
- There are public ladies WC and gents WC located on the ground floor of the hotel by reception, which are well lit and have tiled flooring.
- Our accessible toilet is situated on the ground floor next to reception and is easily accessible, well lit and has a tiled floor.
- There is also a baby changing facility located in the accessible toilet.
- The fire alarm system is bells and does not have flashing lights.
- We have a personal fire alarm for a deaf person.
- Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary.
- Rooms are located on the ground and first floors. Ground floor rooms have level access and first floor rooms are accessible by a set of stairs.
- We have one accessible bedroom located on the ground floor with level entrance. It has plenty of space, furniture can be moved if required and it has an accessible bathroom with shower, emergency cord, and grab rails.
- All bedrooms have double beds, twin beds, king size double beds or super king double beds.
- All bedrooms have a wardrobe, a desk and/or a chest of drawers, bedside tables with bedside lamps and seating for the number of guests.
- Each room has a flat screen Free-view digital TV with subtitles available.
- All bedrooms have ceiling lights and table lamps. Additional lighting is available on request.
- All bedrooms apart from our dog friendly rooms are carpeted. Dog friendly rooms are laminate flooring with rugs.
- Non allergenic bedding can be provided if requested in advance.
- All bathrooms are on level access from the bedrooms. They are all en-suite.
- All bathrooms vary with different combinations of bath with shower over bath or shower only no bath. Please call directly for more information.
- All bathrooms are well lit with ceiling lights and shaving lights above the mirror.
- The colour scheme varies between rooms.
- The bathroom floors are tiled or laminate flooring.
- There are shaving points, bath slip mats, bath towelling mats and towels provided.
Garden and Terraces
- The Wildflower Restaurant outside terrace is open to the public for dining.
- The terrace is all on one level accessible from The Wildflower Restaurant over small step.
- Limited seating is available on good garden furniture.
- There are acres of gardens; the lawn is on the same level as the main building. It has garden benches for sitting. The Wildflower meadow leads from the lawn and has a slight slope with uneven grass paths.
- There is 'In case of Fire' information posted on the wall in every bedroom.
- There is an information folder in every bedroom with information, if you require anything further please contact reception.
- We welcome dogs in four of our bedrooms and in the Dartmoor Bar and Lounge. We provide bowls, beds, grassed areas and food storage.
- We have free WIFI and broadband Internet access through all areas of the hotel.
- We have storage/drying facilities for golfers, cyclists and walker's equipment.
- A battery charging facility is available for a motorised scooter and powered golf trolley.
- We are happy to cater for any dietary requirements or particular likes and dislikes. Please advise us in advance of your arrival.
- We can refrigerate prescription medication in our fridges.
- Mobile phone reception in and around the Moorland Garden Hotel is generally good on all networks.
- We can offer a portable hearing loop and an alarm for a deaf or hard of hearing person.
Address - Moorland Garden Hotel, Yelverton, Near Plymouth, Devon, PL20 6DA
Telephone - 01822 852245
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.moorlandgardenhotel.co.uk
Navigational co-ordinates: Latitude 50.470740 Longitude -4.1035008
Grid Reference SX 50824 65550 AMSL 500ft
Hours of Operation - Open all year, 7am to 11pm.
Food Served – 12noon to 2pm and 6.30pm to 9.30pm.
Local Equipment Hire – Visit Access Plymouth - www.accessplymouth.co.uk
Or Red Cross, Plymouth 01752 768546
Local Accessible Taxi – Dial-a-Cab, Plymouth 01752 781781
Local Public Transport - Public Transport enquiry line - 0871 2002233
Devon Bus enquiry line - 01392 382800
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement. We welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you have any other enquiries, please contact us on 01822 852245.